Saturday 21 May 2011

A Handful Of Tim Minchin

Hello there!
First of all, I must apologise for my last post; it was hardly a blog post but thank you for all your great ideas and suggestions for the Vlog! I have sifted through them all and I must say, some were pretty freakin’ genius! However, I have chosen two ‘winners’ – Elise and Kaja. Thank you and well done to you both - your prize will come in the next few years weeks (that is, if I get round to it).
Anyway, on another note – today is the end of the world. There will be “fire and blood and anguish”! *sad face*.  And yes – that means this is the last ever Blog post! Noooooooo! *sad face*. We hardly got to know each other and now, we have to leave and never see one another again! *sad face*. That is if you believe in the Rapture, which I don’t, so we’ll forget these little end of the world scares and carry on as if nothing happened... *happy face*.
So...
On another matter: Doctor Who’s on tonight! I’m so excited! According to the writer of this episode, it’s supposed to be the most frightening yet! So scary, that the BBC are considering putting out a warning before the show about it! Last week’s episode was interesting... I didn’t really like it to be honest – I didn’t like the story line or the whole idea of the TARDIS being a woman. It just seemed too strange for me. What did you guys think?
Going onto musical matters, this week I’ve been rather bored due to revision, so have been trying to find something good to listen to. It was then I re-discovered my love of Tim Minchin. For those of you who don’t know Tim, he’s an Australian Comedian and trust me; he’s very, very funny! Want a listen? I recommend you listening to ‘Prejudice’, a satirical look on people who are prejudice. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw
Also, I must also tell you of a YouTube Vlogger I have recently found and really enjoyed! His name is Simon and his channel is called ‘In a handful of minutes’. Basically, he reviews things (absolutely anything) and condenses his own knowledge into a couple of minutes, thus the name ‘In a handful of minutes’! The humour is quite intelligent and Simon is extremely witty but alas; he is one of the most underappreciated Vloggers on YouTube. People like Charlieissocoollike and Nerimon both love Simon and his channel; Charlie has even done a guest appearance on ‘In a handful of minutes’ but Simon still has a very low amount of subscribers. Please – check him out: http://www.youtube.com/user/HandfulOfMinutes
That is all for now, so I bid you farewell and hope you have an amazing weekend in this sun!
Until next time,
Cein.

4 comments:

  1. Have you heard of zeropunctuation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commas, semi-colons and hyphens - what you on about? It's not a piece of literature colm...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, recognition! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    I just stumbled across your nice write-up of my show. Alas, I guess I mumble because my name is actually Oliver!

    But whatever, it's just nice to see someone taking the time to point folk my way and give a very good summation of what I'm doing (it's surprising how many people get a bit stumped by that).

    Cheers,
    Oliver "Not Simon, but he could pretend to be" Brackenbury

    ReplyDelete